been thinking about Blodeweudd (I should check the spelling on that, hey. But I’m not going to*. The interwebs have certainly made it easier to be right given a few seconds googling, but apparently at the cost of me actually remembering stuff I used to be able to blather about without fact-checking). Anyway. So yeah, I think there’ll be an owly flower-maiden in my future one way or another. Meanwhile, in between being tediously unwell and riding an emotional rollercoaster re moving house and worrying that my poor MIL is bored out of her gourd, I’ve done a bit more on the big painting and got the top nearly finished for my new grandgirl.
First painting day this (very short!) term … you may notice I got brave and tore off the red, having decided it was unnecessary a while back and being sick of the distraction. Woulda been good if I hadn’t torn off quite so much, since it’s going to be a bit of a shit to stretch now …
Found some gorgeous little roses (I think?) up the street last week, some kind of throwback bramble that’s absolutely perfect. Perfect. Clusters of wee delicate unassuming beauty. With sharp bits. I thought the original roses they bred all the fancy ones from were much bigger, had no idea they were so sweet. They found their way onto the brambles, of course … they probably need significant knocking back, will see how it all looks when I’ve done a bit more work.
and last but not least, the owlyboo quilt top is ready for borders:
It’s astonishingly difficult to make photos of so many spots & checks & stripes look any good at all. It’s more subtle in person – bright and busy, but not scary. I daresay it’ll be easier to get a good pic once it’s quilted.
* okay, I couldn’t resist in the end, and it’s supposed to be Blodeuwedd. Got my u in the wrong bizarre spot. Boo.